Tim Brasil Deploys Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway to Bolster Fourth Generation LTE Deployment Throughout Brazil
Brazil's Second Largest Telecom Provider Leverages SRX Series Line Cards for Bandwidth Increase and Always-On Security
- Strong Performance: TIM selected Juniper Networks SRX5600 and 5800 Series Services Gateway because of its unparalleled performance, integrated security services and scalability.
- The SRX5600 and 5800 support 450,000 connections per second, up to an industry record-breaking 100 million concurrent user sessions and 300 Gbps throughput.
- Always-on services: The SRX line cards provide TIM with high-end security that delivers zero downtime performance upgrades by offering both in-service software and hardware upgrades reducing the need for planned downtime, enabling service providers to deliver uninterrupted service. The cards are also backward compatible with TIM's current cards and chassis extending current investments while scaling to meet customer demands. Juniper's SRX Series provides TIM with simplicity and scalability at the speed of LTE.
- Protecting the network and the customer data: While several vendors in the market provide security solutions, TIM selected Juniper because of Juniper's extensive experience in LTE mobile security. The SRX Series was developed to be natively aware of mobile-specific protocols such as GTP and LTE-SCTP resulting in a firewall able to block the proliferation of attacks leveraging or embedded in such protocols.
- About SRX5600 and 5800 Series Services Gateways
- Juniper Networks Security Homepage
- Juniper on Twitter
- Juniper on Facebook