Juniper Networks Introduces Firefly Security Suite to Address the Security Challenges for Public and Private Clouds
New Suite Offers Enterprises and Service Providers Multi-Layered Virtualized Security Solutions that Provide Scale and Agility for Cloud Data Centers
- Juniper is introducing Firefly Perimeter, a new virtual and software-based version of the Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway.
- Firefly Perimeter delivers high availability, granular security with segmentation capabilities between zones, organizations, lines of business and applications, as well as rich connectivity features like Network Address Translation (NAT), routing and VPN. Firefly Perimeter can be easily deployed and managed centrally or individually as a security VM for each department, application or tenant.
- Juniper Networks Contrail seamlessly integrates with Juniper's flagship virtual firewall, Firefly Perimeter, to dynamically provision service-chained virtual and physical security services in cloud environments, which is the first of many Juniper SDN-enabled NFV security services that provides unparalleled performance, scale and coverage across virtualized data centers for enterprises and service providers.
- Also new with this release is Virtual Director, a new Junos Space application delivering full lifecycle management of Firefly Perimeter VMs.
- Junos Space Virtual Director is a lifecycle management application that enables organizations to automate provisioning and resource allocation of virtual machines associated with Firefly Perimeter VMs.
- This includes intuitive and easy-to-navigate and user interface with task-oriented workflows, pre-tested configuration, open APIs for integration with third-party management platforms.
- Firefly Host, formerly named vGW Virtual Gateway, is a purpose-built firewall for virtualization designed to protect intra-VM traffic.
- Firefly Host provides hypervisor-based stateful firewall for East-West traffic between virtual machines, including integrated intrusion detection (IDS), virtualization-specific antivirus (AV) protection and compliance tools, with management scale.
- Firefly Host is tightly integrated into the VMware hypervisor and VMware management framework.
- Synchronization of security policies across Firefly Host management centers provides automated policy management and granular control of VMs for multi-tenant environments with unparalleled performance in the industry.