Cyberport Selects Juniper Networks Contrail to Drive Software-defined Networking Within its Community Cloud
Hong Kong's Creative Digital Community to Deploy Contrail Virtual Network Overlay Solution to Automate and Orchestrate its Cloud Network
- Over 30 cloud-based applications developed by the start-up community have been tested on Cyberport's pilot cloud platform as part of a highly-successful Contrail proof-of-concept trial.
- Juniper Networks Contrail will enable Cyberport to offer network-as-a-service within its community cloud. The introduction of a self-service portal enables Cyberport customers to subscribe and self-provision compute, storage, network assets and enjoy bandwidth on-demand.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is expected to provide Cyberport a simple way to connect physical networks with a virtual environment and provision underlying services, thus reducing the time, cost and risk for the users when configuring the network.
- With Contrail, Cyberport will be able to create new services and monetization opportunities through increased automation and higher utilization of existing infrastructure without adding headcount to the team.
- Cyberport will deploy a Juniper Networks MX80 3D Universal Edge Router for network bandwidth and IP provisioning. Cyberport will also leverage Contrail's open standard protocols to orchestrate on-the-fly configuration changes across its data center switching and routing infrastructure to establish virtual networks that dynamically support operations in the community cloud.
- Juniper Networks' Contrail will also enable Cyberport to support the federation of its community cloud with public cloud environments, increasing the speed of business and service innovation for its start-up customers by making the network more dynamic, flexible and automated.
- The combination of Contrail and MX Universal SDN Gateway platform will not only provide a scalable and production ready solution for Cyberport, by leveraging a standards-based architecture that integrates with a wide variety of hypervisors, physical networks and cloud orchestration platform such as OpenStack - Juniper Networks Contrail will also eliminate the risk of Cyberport becoming subject to vendor lock-in.
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: https://www.juniper.net/uk/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper Networks SDN homepage: https://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/sdn/
- More information on OpenContrail: http://opencontrail.org/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks