Citylink Looks To Juniper Networks To Drive Delivery Of Value-added Telecom Services
Routing and Switching Upgrade Will Boost Reliability, Capacity and Services at Fiber Network Operator
- The market success of CityLink’s services and the ever increasing demand for fiber optic based service has created the need for a more operationally streamlined, scalable network infrastructure. To address this challenge, CityLink will deploy Juniper Networks SDN-ready MX480 3D Universal Edge Routers within four data centers across Auckland and Wellington by the end of the first half of 2014, establishing a high-performance Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) based network core. The MX480, which scales to 5.7Tbps capacity, will boost network performance, manageability and reliability by logically segmenting the city-wide network into multiple MPLS protected domains, enabling CityLink to maximize the potential of its fiber optic cable infrastructure.
- In tandem with this, CityLink will also deploy Juniper Networks EX4550 Ethernet Switches as MPLS nodes to provide much greater scale at the network edge in support of new 10 Gigabit per second Ethernet services. In addition to providing an increased number of end-points, multiple EX4550 switches have been combined into a Virtual Chassis configuration, creating a single logical device, which greatly simplifies CityLink’s network management processes.
- With the new Juniper Networks infrastructure in place, CityLink will have the ability to offer a new generation of value-added services to its customers - including virtual private Ethernets spanning multiple sites and increased service options both Intra City and Inter City, which will be further enhanced with managed security and other advanced IP services.
- To develop the solution, a Juniper Networks systems engineer worked closely with the CityLink technical team to gain a deep understanding of their requirements and develop a full proof-of-concept environment to test the solution and demonstrate its key features. NEC New Zealand was also closely involved to ensure that the technical and commercial proposition matched CityLink’s requirements.
- Relevant Juniper Website: https://www.juniper.net/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- CityLink Website: http://www.citylink.co.nz
- TeamTalk Group: http://www.teamtalkinvestor.co.nz