Juniper Networks Unveils Junos Pulse AppConnect to Deliver Simple Per-App Mobile Security From Application to Enterprise
- Junos Pulse AppConnect - Junos Pulse AppConnect technology and SDK is the first solution to offer per-application SSL VPN connections on both Android and Apple iOS mobile devices. With AppConnect, enterprises will have more granular control over access to corporate networks and applications, preserving the security and integrity of their data, network and resources end-to-end.
- Application and data containerization on the device is a popular approach to MDM for companies that want to segment work and personal data on the device. However, this segmentation is often not extended to network communications.
- AppConnect enables companies, developers and application container solution providers, to secure data flowing from applications and application containers to enterprise networks through Junos Pulse Secure Access Service Gateways.
- Data privacy afforded by the container technology in AppConnect can be extended to the data in transit back to the corporate network - transparently and on a per-application basis - for Android and Apple iOS devices. The potential for corporate data leakage via applications on personally owned devices is subsequently greatly reduced.
- Juniper's new technology allows for VPN sessions to be established per application versus per device, reducing personal traffic on corporate networks and protecting information that really matters to the organization. For users, AppConnect relieves employee concerns that personal data is flowing over the corporate network and makes it much easier to connect. Users no longer need to launch a separate application to connect to the corporate network securely via VPN; Applications and application containers connect automatically to the private network.
- The Junos Pulse AppConnect SDK is generally available next week.