Summit Communications Gears Up For Bangladesh Mobile Data Explosion With Juniper Networks
Transmission Network Operator Deploys Juniper Networks ACX Series For Mobile Backhaul
- The Juniper Networks solution, implemented by leading systems integrator AGC Networks, has enabled Summit Communications to radically simplify its network to not only accommodate an exponential increase in users over its network but also pave the way for new services aimed at enterprise market as well as the small and medium sized businesses.
- Summit Communications is now able to provide backhaul connectivity over a seamless Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) network that extends all the way from the point of customer access to the core.
- The access layer of Summit Communications’ new network is provided by Juniper Networks® ACX Series Universal Access Routers, a family of hardened devices equipped with interfaces for both time-division multiplexing (TDM) and Ethernet (high density Gigabit Ethernet, power-over-Ethernet, and 10GbE), with built-in end-to-end network monitoring, as well as support for high precision clocking and synchronization, which is critical to mobile operators.
- The company has also deployed Juniper Networks SDN-ready MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers in its aggregation, edge and core network layers, establishing an agile, operationally efficient end-to-end network with high performance and investment protecting scale. The MX Series 3D portfolio automates complex operations and service delivery; scales bandwidth, subscribers and services; and allows users or operators to efficiently create services that monetize the network, which could result in rapid return on investment and lower total cost of ownership.
- Relevant Juniper Website: https://www.juniper.net/
- Other Bangladeshi telcos using Juniper technology: Earth Telecom
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks