Earth Telecom Poised to Deliver High-Speed, Quality Internet to the Masses with Juniper Networks
Bangladeshi Internet Gateway Operator Meets the Challenge of Explosive Growth while Reducing Overhead and Power Consumption
- Based on its thorough understanding of Earth Telecom’s business requirements, Juniper Networks was able to offer an end-to-end solution with a simplified architecture that makes it easy for the company to scale its network without requiring a large up-front investment.
- Juniper Networks® Junos® operating system is consistently implemented across routers, switches and firewall products, enabling Earth Telecom to orchestrate configuration changes and monitor performance from a single console. As well as reducing its network management overheads by around 35 percent, the Juniper solution has a significantly smaller environmental footprint, taking up less space consuming at least 30 percent less power.
- Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers are at the heart of the new Earth Telecom infrastructure, with a combination of MX10 routers - capable of 40 Gbps throughput -and MX5 routers - capable of 40 Gbps throughput used throughout the network. With the same two rack-unit enclosures, redundant power supplies and fans, both models can be upgraded to 80 Gbps of throughput through a “pay-as-you-grow” software license that avoids large upfront investments and expensive “forklift” upgrades.
- To support customer access to the network, Earth Telecom deployed Juniper Networks EX2200 Ethernet Switches, interconnected as a single virtual device using Juniper’s unique Virtual Chassis technology. Earth Telecom can scale customer access simply by adding more cost-effective EX2200 switches to the Virtual Chassis, which can connect up to four switches into a highly resilient unified system with redundant uplinks to aggregation routers and simplified management using a single IP address.
- For security, Earth Telecom has deployed a Juniper Networks IDP8200 Intrusion Detection and Prevention Appliance, which provides in-line protection against network- and application-level attacks using multiple detection methods. The IDP8200 has fully-redundant hardware and can scale to handle up to 5 million simultaneous sessions.
- In addition, the company has deployed Juniper Networks SRX240 Services Gateways to protect its point-of-presence infrastructure from its internal network, safeguarding against unauthorized access.
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks