Juniper Networks Introduces MetaFabric™, A new architecture for next generation cloud data centers
MetaFabric Incorporates Innovative System Design, Feature-rich Silicon, and Adaptable Software to Allow Multiple Data Centers to Behave, Operate and be Managed as One
- The MetaFabric Architecture - Built on the three guiding principles of ‘open’, ‘simple’ and ‘smart,’ customers can integrate a broad array of hardware and software solutions from Juniper Networks or other networking vendors with the assurance of interoperability and minimal disruption.
- Open: Based on open interfaces, MetaFabric integrates with any heterogeneous data center environment without fear of vendor lock-in.
- Simple: With a simplified approach, customers can deploy, operate and manage data center networks without application-impacting service interruption, resulting in reduced operating expenses.
- Smart: Using built-in intelligence and analytics, customers benefit from a flexible and adaptable data center network that accelerates the adoption of cloud, mobile and big data applications, protecting investments as business needs evolve.
- Building Blocks of a MetaFabric Architecture - To ensure full interoperability and seamless integration via multiple deployment options, MetaFabric encompasses new and existing switching, routing, SDN and security offerings, including Juniper’s full suite of security solutions. New products announced today include:
- QFX5100 family of 10G and 40G access switches: The QFX5100 family is made up of the most nimble top-of-rack (ToR) switches ever built, providing unmatched flexibility and resilience for the hitless, zero downtime data center.
- Unique new SDN and WAN capabilities on MX Series routers: Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers can now act as universal SDN gateways to connect physical and virtual networks seamlessly. In addition, Juniper has added support for Ethernet VPN (EVPN), which maximizes performance by creating the most efficient forwarding paths across the WAN.
- Highly adaptable SDN solutions for data center optimization: MetaFabric is the ideal networking foundation for the emerging ecosystem of SDN controllers. Today, Juniper also announced that Juniper Networks Contrail will support VMware ESXi, providing customers with an even broader array of choices. In addition, MetaFabric allows customers to connect Juniper systems directly to OpenStack and CloudStack orchestration platforms, and SDN controllers, such as Juniper Networks Contrail and VMware NSX.
- Solutions and Partnerships - Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture can employ a variety of solutions and is strengthened by service offerings and channel partner opportunities:
- MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0: To demonstrate MetaFabric architecture interoperability, Juniper has released MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0 to simplify and provide real-world guidance to customers and partners deploying a VMware virtualized data center. This fully tested reference architecture combines Juniper Networks routers, switches and security solutions with EMC, VMware and IBM systems running Microsoft applications. With MetaFabric Reference Architecture 1.0, customers can have the assurance of product and solution-level compatibility for deploying a virtualized data center architecture with less risk.
- MetaFabric Professional Services: To allow customers to maximize their MetaFabric investment while decreasing deployment time and risk, Juniper Networks is announcing MetaFabric Professional Services. This new service offering is intended to assist customers throughout the complete implementation process and includes assessment, planning, design and quick-start migration services.
- Channel partner opportunities: Juniper Networks recently introduced the Juniper Partner Advantage Cloud specialization, which provides training and certification opportunities to partners looking to deliver high-impact cloud and SDN solutions. Open to Elite-level partners, this specialization enables partners to generate new and incremental revenue opportunities, while providing customers with a network of trusted advisors who can provide expertise and guidance when migrating to the cloud.
- To learn more about Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture:
- Press release: Juniper Networks Delivers the World’s Most Nimble 10/40GE Data Center Access Switches
- Webcast: Juniper Unveils the Data Center of the Future
- Blog: MetaFabric, A Data Center Architecture Whose Time has Come by Rami Rahim
- Blog: The Data Center Journey Continues by Jonathan Davidson
- Blog: Contrail and OpenContrail Support for VMware ESXi planned for Q1 2014 by Aruna Ravichandran
- Blog: A Smarter Security Option with MetaFabric by Michael Callahan
- Videos: MetaFabric Architecture and MX Series: Universal SDN Gateways
- Juniper Communities: www.juniper.net/social