Ocean University Of China Scales And Secures Its Campus And Data Center Network With Juniper Networks
Integrated Routing, Switching and Security Across Single Network Operating System Increases Network Capacity, Flexibility and Reliability
- With routing performance that scales up to 5.3 terabits per second (Tbps), Juniper Networks MX960 routers - located at each of the OUC’s campuses - provide a massive foundation for the campus network core. Meanwhile, the Broadband Remote Access Server functionality also reduces administrative workload and enables quality-of-service management.
- An additional MX960 Universal Edge Router together with redundant Juniper Networks SRX5600 Services Gateways (each capable of 100 Gbps of firewall throughput), support and secure the OUC’s connection to the Internet.
- Within its data center, OUC deployed Juniper Networks EX8208 switches to form a highly-scalable network core, with EX4200 switches deployed as top-of-rack access devices. The EX4200 switches are deployed in a Virtual Chassis configuration, which enables them to be managed collectively as a single, logical switch sharing a common IP address and operating system. By eliminating the need for an aggregation switching layer, the two-layer data architecture enabled by Juniper’s Virtual Chassis technology reduces capital and operational costs while delivering low-latency, wire-speed performance.
- Juniper Networks SRX3600 Services Gateways, connected to the EX8208 switches over 4x10GbE link aggregation groups, provides a fully-redundant and secure data center firewall that scales up to 55 Gbps.
- With the Juniper Networks Junos® operating system running across all routing, switching and security platforms, OUC’s network administrators benefit from a streamlined management process that orchestrates network configuration and security across the entire network infrastructure, increasing uptime and performance.
- Other University customer in China: CERNET
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks