Macquarie Telecom Upgrades Nationwide Network with Juniper Networks
Customers of Australia’s Top Managed Hosting and Business-only Telco Gain Download Speed Boost of up to Four Times
- Since the deployment of Juniper Networks MX960 and MX480 3D Universal Edge Routers in the core and at its points of presence respectively, MT gained an immediate ten-fold increase in capacity across its network. With an improved network design, the deployment has also resulted in MT’s customers experiencing an increase in download speeds.
- The network upgrades enable MT to improve the performance of its comprehensive suite of business-focused cloud-based applications such as its Software-as-a-Service solution, and deliver greater network redundancy options to customers.
- As the NBN rolls out fiber optic connections across Australia, targeting more than 3.5 million homes and businesses by mid-2015, the MT network now has the foundation to continue scaling up to manage the anticipated acceleration of data as each of the MX960 is able to handle 3.84 Tbps of system throughput, supporting 240 Gigabit per second (Gbps) of switch fabric capacity per slot and 100 Gbps Ethernet connections.
- With Junos automation, which reduces complexity and increases operational efficiency across the network, the MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers have enabled MT to improve connectivity to its growing portfolio of fully-managed cloud computing services to its business customers.
- The streamlined provisioning capabilities of Junos and high port-density provided by the MX480 edge routers make it fast and easy for MT to provision the needs of high-bandwidth customers.
- With network connectivity key to its daily businesses operations, MT’s customers have been asking for higher levels of reliability and redundancy, which the MX480 and 960 routers provide with fully-redundant cooling, power supplies, routing engines and switch control boards.
- The Juniper Networks MX Series combine the power of the Junos operating system and the Junos Trio chipset, enabling MT to scale its network dynamically to support more bandwidth and deliver high-value business-grade WAN services - all at the same time.
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper Australia on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Juniper_Aus
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks