i-Tech Deploys Juniper Networks in New Green Data Center
New Energy Efficient Facility Built on Integrated Switching, Routing and Security Has Low Total Cost of Ownership And Offers Robust Disaster Recovery and Managed Services
- With IBM as its systems integrator, SAFEHOUSE has been designed as a highly energy-efficient green data center, helping i-Tech maintain a low total cost of ownership and appeal to clients and organizations that place sustainability as a top priority.
- The data center deployed technologies from IBM, Schneider Electric and Juniper Networks and has a capacity of about 100 racks.
- A two-tier data center network architecture, with Juniper Networks® EX8208 Ethernet Switches deployed at the core and EX4200 Ethernet Switches providing server access, supports i-Tech’s energy-efficiency goals while eliminating network performance bottlenecks and scalability constraints inherent in conventional three-tier network designs.
- Besides reducing cost and complexity by eliminating the need for an aggregation layer, network operations at SAFEHOUSE are simplified by interconnecting multiple EX4200 switches in a Virtual Chassis configuration, enabling them to be managed as a single, logical device.
- With Juniper Networks EX Series switches and SRX650 Services Gateways all running the Juniper Networks Junos® operating system, i-Tech benefits from streamlined network administration processes that greatly simplify network management and reduces operational costs.
- The simplified data center architecture and highly-streamlined operational model enables i-Tech to introduce a new-generation of services based on cloud computing, without any constraints at the network level.
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks