Juniper Networks Announces Next-Generation Security for the Data Center And First-of-Its-Kind Global Attacker Intelligence Service
Juniper Delivers Spotlight Secure, a Global Attacker Intelligence Service to Definitively Identify Individual Devices and Stop Attacks
- Junos Spotlight Secure is the industry’s only cloud-based global attacker intelligence service that identifies individual attackers at the device level and tracks them in a global database. Compared with currently available reputation feeds that rely only on IP addresses, Junos Spotlight Secure offers customers more detailed security intelligence about attackers and significantly reduces false positives. The solution creates a persistent fingerprint of attacker devices based on over 200 unique attributes, delivering precision blocking of attackers without blocking valid users. Once an attacker is identified and fingerprinted on a subscriber’s network using Junos WebApp Secure, the database can immediately share the attacker profiles with other subscribers, providing advanced real-time security across multiple networks.
- Junos WebApp Secure (formerly named Mykonos) takes web application protection to the next level by providing more definitive intelligence about attackers. Deployed in front of application servers behind the firewall, WebApp Secure integrates security intelligence from other sources provided by the Junos Spotlight Secure global attacker intelligence service. This integrated intelligence enables Juniper to deliver threat mitigation with significantly better accuracy compared to IP address-only approaches like current next-generation firewalls and reputation feeds. In addition, Junos WebApp Secure uses the latest Intrusion Deception™ technology to misdirect and mislead attackers while simultaneously profiling and fingerprinting them.
- Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways integrated with Junos WebApp Secure now benefits from the latest Intrusion Deception technology, as well as the Junos Spotlight Secure global attacker intelligence service. The integration extends the ability of the SRX Series to block attackers that are identified at the security perimeter, and is particularly effective in blocking botnets and large scale web attacks.
- Junos DDoS Secure will leverage Juniper’s recent acquisition of certain assets from Webscreen Systems to deliver a fully automated DDoS protection system for websites and web applications. The solution uses a unique, behavior-based approach to DDoS mitigation that provides protection up to 40Gb/s for high-volume attacks, as well as advanced “low-and-slow” application attacks with minimal false positives. Junos DDoS Secure offers the flexibility of being deployed as either a hardware appliance or as a virtual machine in private, public, or hybrid cloud environments.
- Ponemon Study: Emerging Technology Under the Spotlight Blog by Johnnie Konstantas
- Ponemon Study Report Download: Efficacy of Emerging Network Security Technologies
- Deconstructing Web Attack Trends in 2012 Blog by Kyle Adams
- Spotlight Secure Global Attacker Intelligence Service: First System for Fingerprinting Cyber Attackers Blog by David Koretz
Follow the conversation on Twitter @JuniperNetworks, @JuniperSecurity and # RSAC or #RSA