Shenhua Group Builds New Data Center with Juniper Networks
World’s Largest Coal Supplier Embraces New Network Vision
- Juniper Networks EX8200 Ethernet Switches and SRX3600 Services Gateways enable Shenhua Group to establish a dynamic, highly-reliable, scalable and secure data center network to accommodate its expanding application requirements.
- The new Shenhua Group data center network has a two-layer switching architecture with Juniper Networks EX8216 switches forming the core and EX8208 switches deployed as end-of-row server access switches.
- The design enables massive data center network scalability and low-latency performance, providing a high-density of Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 10GbE wire-speed access ports and a migration path to 100GbE in the core network.
- Each Juniper Networks SRX3600 Services Gateway provides up to 30Gbps of firewall throughput, making it possible for the Shenhua Group to scale robust security in tandem with network performance.
- The Juniper Networks EX Series, SRX Series and Junos operating system support a rich set of network virtualization features, ensuring the new data center network is ready for cloud computing.
- As Shenhua Group deploys increasing numbers of virtualized servers it will be able to upgrade physical server access ports to 10GbE, providing ample capacity for multiple virtual LAN connections.
- The high port-density and backplane capacity of the EX8208 access switches means that server-to-server traffic patterns, characteristic of a virtualized data center, can mostly be handled without passing through the core network.