Kmart Picks Juniper Networks for New Switching Infrastructure
EX Series Ethernet Switches to Go Out into More Than 190 Kmart Locations
- The Juniper Networks solution employs EX4200 switches deployed in Virtual Chassis fabric configurations to provide high-capacity and high-performance networking at major Kmart sites, including its national office and distribution centers.
- EX2200 switches will be deployed at Kmart stores, while the Juniper Networks NSM3000 security-hardened appliance provides centralized management, enabling Kmart to effectively configure, monitor and control all Juniper Networks devices, including previously deployed firewalls.
- All Juniper switches and security devices run the same Junos® operating system, lowering operational expenses by reducing the learning curve and implementing common features across the infrastructure.
- New Juniper Networks EX Series switches have already been deployed at Kmart’s national office, new distribution centers as well as Asian offices. Kmart is looking to continue the rollout to stores over the next couple of years.
- To help Kmart realize the rapid business benefits of the Juniper infrastructure, a Juniper resident engineer has been assisting with installation and implementation, as well as providing knowledge transfer and Junos training to network engineers.