Ponemon Institute Survey Finds 90 Percent of Businesses fell Victim to Cyber Security Breach at Least Once in the Past 12 Months
Juniper Networks Sponsored Survey Finds Security Breaches Cost 41 Percent of Businesses at least a Half a Million Dollars to Address
- Only 11 percent of respondents know the source of all network security breaches.
- Almost half, 48 percent cite complexity as one of their biggest challenges to implementing network security solutions - with the same percentage of respondents saying it is due to resource constraints.
- Combating cyber attacks can be made more effective by streamlining or simplifying network security operations, said 76 percent of respondents.
- Seventy-five percent say their effectiveness would increase by implementing end-to-end solutions.
- Twenty-eight percent are earmarking more than 10 percent of their budgets to security to address these issues.
- Employee mobile devices and laptops are seen as the most likely endpoint from which serious cyber attacks are unleashed against a company.
- The top two endpoints from which these breaches occurred are employees' laptop computers with 34 percent and employees' mobile devices with 29 percent.