Juniper Networks Accelerates Profitability for Mobile Operators Seeking to Capitalize on the Smartphone Revolution
New Products, Services and Partnerships Address Demands of the Mobile Internet
- MobileNext - The Industry's First Open Mobile Core: Delivering on Project Falcon, Juniper announces MobileNext, the first open mobile core network with a programmable platform for service innovation. MobileNext provides 2G/3G and LTE evolved packet core functions with the MobileNext Broadband Gateway providing GGSN/P-GW/ S-GW, MobileNext Control Gateway providing SGSN/MME, and MobileNext Policy Manager providing PCRF functions. Running on the Juniper Networks® MX 3D Universal Edge platform, the MobileNext Broadband Gateway is a suite of software that offers industry leading scalability of mobile sessions, set up rates and forwarding capacity and a programmable platform for rapid service innovation.
- MobileNext Consumer Services: Delivered on a single platform, MobileNext provides simultaneous 2G/3G and LTE services with seamless handoffs and low latency for quality of experience for end user applications. Operators can gracefully migrate to LTE while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- MobileNext Business Services: Delivering new monetization opportunities for operators, Mobile Business Services offer a network-based solution that reduces latency and cuts costs by combining APN technology within the mobile operator's network, with the Junos Pulse client-based solution via an SSL VPN. For on-the-go employees with smartphones and laptops, MobileNext Business Services provide seamless corporate access for the dynamic enterprise, anytime, anywhere.
- Service Delivery Gateway: Also based on the MX 3D portfolio, the Service Delivery Gateway provides a rich suite of vital IP functions such as Carrier Grade NAT, Firewall, Traffic Direct for offload, Video Optimization, Dynamic Subscriber Awareness, and Application Load Balancing on a single Junos® platform. This integration of services delivers up to 36 percent TCO savings and improved experience over current deployments which use a long chain of expensive point products.
- Expanded Media Flow Portfolio: Through integration of the Juniper Media Flow Solution with video optimization leader Openwave Systems, Juniper's expanded Media Flow portfolio with its integrated Video Optimization Solution reduces the cost of delivering mobile video and maximizes RAN investment while improving subscriber quality of experience. The combined solution including Juniper's MobileNext and Media Flow together with Openwave Systems Media Optimization product provides intelligent caching, traffic steering, dynamic video compression and transcoding for video streams to mobile devices.
- Expanded Security Solutions for Junos Pulse: Juniper is delivering an expansion of the Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite to new devices and customers - which includes anti-virus, anti-spam, malware protection, and remote device lock and erase to protect against loss or theft. Service providers can bundle these capabilities as part of a turnkey solution for hosted mobile security offerings to help drive incremental revenue while delivering peace of mind to customers who are at risk from malicious security threats.
- Juniper at Mobile World Congress - www.juniper.net/mwc
- The Network Ahead blog - www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community - www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper's Social Channels - www.juniper.net/social