Juniper Networks Reports Record Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2010 Financial Results
Q4 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: $1.190 billion, up 26% from Q4'09 and up 18% from Q3'10
- Operating Margin: 19.1% GAAP; 24.5% non-GAAP
- GAAP Net Income Per Share: $0.35 diluted
- Non-GAAP Net Income Per Share: $0.42 diluted, up 31% from Q4'09 and Q3'10 (including approximately $0.03 per share favorable impact due to the extension of R&D tax credit)
2010 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: $4.093 billion, up 23% from 2009
- Operating Margin: 18.8% GAAP; 24.0% non-GAAP
- GAAP Net Income Per Share: $1.15 diluted
- Non-GAAP Net Income Per Share: $1.32 diluted, up 43% from 2009
- Juniper estimates revenue for the first quarter ending March 31, 2011 to be in the range of $1.060 billion to $1.110 billion, which equates to approximately 19% growth year-over-year at the mid-point of the range.
- Juniper estimates that its non-GAAP gross margin will remain in its targeted range of between 66% and 68% in the first quarter.
- Juniper estimates that its non-GAAP operating expenses will be higher as a percent of revenue but approximately flat with the prior quarter on a dollar basis. As a result, Juniper expects its non-GAAP operating margin for the first quarter will be 22.0%, plus or minus 0.5%.
- Juniper estimates that its non-GAAP net income per share will range between $0.30 and $0.33 on a diluted basis, assuming a flat share count and estimated non-GAAP tax rate of 28.5%. The non-GAAP EPS estimate includes the impact of recent acquisitions of approximately $0.02 per share.