"There's An App for That?" Juniper Unveils New Software, Services to Automate Data Center Networks
Junos® Space Accelerates Provisioning, Management and Support; Automated Service Eliminates "20 Questions" Routine
- Juniper Virtual Control - The first open, web-based application to accelerate virtual server deployments, Virtual Control (expected availability in Q3) enables network administrators to manage not just physical networks but also virtual networks - from a common orchestration interface. This minimizes errors, reduces operational complexity and cuts costs while delivering on the promise of the virtualized data center. To enable Virtual Control, Juniper announced a new collaboration with VMware that takes advantage of their open APIs to achieve seamless orchestration across both physical and virtual network elements.
- Juniper Ethernet Design - A unified Ethernet management application that enables the data center or campus network to dial up or down as needed in response to the needs of applications and users. This includes automating configuration, visualization, monitoring, administration and protection of large-scale switch and router networks. Ethernet Design (available now) enables an administrator to deploy and manage thousands of network devices as easily as a single device.
- Juniper Security Design - A new software application (expected availability in Q2) that allows point-and-click turn-up of both security devices and services (such as firewall, NAT, and VPN) with minimal human intervention while meeting stringent compliance mandates. Security Design's unique policy abstraction techniques mean network administrators, not security experts, can manage user rule sets and deploy security services.
- Juniper Service Insight - A new software-and-services application (expected availability in Q3) that delivers unmatched proactive detection, diagnosis and resolution of network performance issues. These services enable rapid network planning and troubleshooting, as well as reduced cost and time-to-resolution by eliminating time-consuming manual operations, cutting the time spent per case or escalation dramatically. Juniper also announced that IBM's Hardware Maintenance Services will leverage Service Now to support Juniper devices worldwide.
About Junos and Junos Ready Software
- Juniper Launch Site and Webcast - www.thenewnetworkishere.com
- Juniper Online Newsroom - www.juniper.net/press
- The Network Ahead blog - www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community - www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper's Social Channels - www.juniper.net/social