Juniper Transforms Data Center Economics and Experience
Eliminates Layers of Cost and Complexity in Legacy Networks; Rescues IT Managers with Network Automation Super-Powers
- Simplify: Juniper's new "3-2-1" data center network architecture will allow customers to flatten and simplify legacy data center networks, using Juniper's breakthrough Virtual Chassis fabric technology to reduce from three to two layers today, and then collapse to one layer via Juniper's "Project Stratus" fabric in the future. Juniper also helps drive simplification through a single network OS (Junos®), single software release chain, and flexible software platforms (Junos, Junos Space and Junos Pulse). Building on that software and architecture, Juniper unveiled new 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches and routers that deliver significant improvements in network performance, along with a data center roadmap that converges networks.
- Automate: Junos Space delivers an unmatched network application platform to automate provisioning, management and support for data center networks, lowering the cost of data center operations and improving the end user experience. This includes four new software applications based on Junos Space (introduced last October): Virtual Control software to manage physical and virtual systems from a common orchestration platform; Ethernet Design and Security Design software to enable rapid configuration and deployment of data center networks and security policies; and Service Now with Service Insight to enable fast and proactive detection, diagnosis and resolution of network issues. To enable Virtual Control, Juniper announced a new collaboration with VMware that takes advantage of their open APIs to achieve seamless orchestration across both physical and virtual network elements.
- Secure: Juniper's world-class network security helps IT adapt to new user behaviors and changing data flows in the data center, driven in part by virtualization, Web 2.0 and cloud services deployments. This "dynamic security model" is brought to life on Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateways through new AppTrack software, which gives IT managers unprecedented application and user visibility to better manage data flows and pinpoint bottlenecks. In addition, Junos Pulse (now shipping) and Junos Space (including Security Design) enable IT to dynamically manage identities, applications and policies across their network from devices to data centers. Juniper also announced that IBM has started shipping OEM versions of the SRX Series, enabling IBM customers to get the world's fastest network firewall as part of their integrated data center solutions.
- Juniper Launch Site and Webcast - www.thenewnetworkishere.com
- Juniper Online Newsroom - www.juniper.net/press
- The Network Ahead blog - www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community - www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper's Social Channels - www.juniper.net/social