Juniper Reinvents the Experience and Economics of Networking: Unveils New Software, Silicon, Systems and Partnerships
Company Outlines Vision for Next Decade: Develop Products for Massive Internet Scale, Deliver Open Software Platforms, Enable Broad Ecosystem of Innovation
- New Junos® software: An open cross-network software platform that allows customers to directly program multiple layers of their networks for rich user experiences, smart economics and fast time to market. The new Junos software platform includes the popular Junos network operating system, the new Junos Space network application platform and new Junos Pulse integrated network client - all built with the same core design principles, integration approach and development discipline.
- New Junos-based silicon and systems: A new Junos One family of processors, including the Junos Trio chipset with revolutionary 3D Scaling technology. 3D Scaling enables networks to dynamically support more subscribers, services and bandwidth - all at the same time. Junos Trio will be delivered in new modular line cards and new 3.5-inch routers for Juniper MX Series, providing two to four times faster throughput than the competition - up to 2.6 terabits per second - while using half as much power per gigabit**.The MX 3D products will offer the industry's first "universal edge" with 3D Scaling for delivery of business, residential and mobile services at massive scale on a single network.
- New Junos-based solutions: Juniper unveiled new cloud networking and security solutions based on the Junos software platform and Juniper systems. The solutions are built upon Juniper's simplified data center network architecture to help customers share and secure their infrastructures while delivering and accessing cloud-based services.
- New Junos-based partnerships: Juniper announced new go-to-market partnerships with Dell and IBM. Juniper also announced its first-ever Junos software licensing partnership with BLADE Network Technologies, which will develop future blade switches based on the Junos operating system. Juniper also announced several partners who have built or are building applications based on Junos software, including Active Broadband Networks, Ankeena Networks, Harris Stratex, Packet Design, Q1 Labs, Telchemy, Telecom Italia and Triveni Digital.
Launch Details and Links
- Launch Site - www.thenewnetworkishere.com
- Launch Simulcast - www.thenewnetworkishere.com/simulcast
- Online Newsroom - www.juniper.net/press