BreakingPoint Tests Juniper Networks SRX5800 Services Gateway, Achieving 150 Gbps of Throughput and 109 Gbps of Blended Application Traffic
BreakingPoint's Innovative Network Processing Architecture Emulates Realistic High-Performance Conditions to Test Performance, Security Effectiveness and Scalability
- Juniper Networks SRX5800 Services Gateway becomes first network device tested with over 100 Gbps of blended Layer 4-7 application traffic - an order of magnitude increase in processing speed compared to traditional firewalls.
- As an extensible "no compromise" networking and security products, the SRX Services Gateways met or exceeded product performance specification of 120 Gbps firewall and 30 Gbps intrusion prevention throughput.
- The SRX5800 is equipped with a robust list of features that include firewall, IPS, IPSec VPN, denial of service (DoS), Network Address Translation (NAT), and quality of service (QoS). The SRX Series runs on Juniper's powerful JUNOS® Software, a single network operating system integrating routing, switching, and security services, to enable businesses to deploy switching, routing and security infrastructure with the power of a single network operating system.
- BreakingPoint conducted the test of the Juniper Networks SRX with a single configuration of four BreakingPoint Elite chassis, all managed from a single user interface and producing integrated reports. A single BreakingPoint Elite:
- Generates blended Layer 4-7 traffic from more than 70 application protocols or custom application protocols at up to 40 Gbps
- Generates 80 Gbps of Layer 2-3 traffic
- Can scale easily with multiple BreakingPoint Elite's to provide an unlimited amount of Layer 2-7 traffic using a single interface
- Is the industry's price-performance leader delivering the lowest cost per TCP session and lowest cost per Gigabit of Layer 4-7 traffic