Juniper Networks Advances Unified Access Control Delivers Application and User Access Control, Visibility and Monitoring to Streamline Policy Enforcement and Mitigate Risk
New Juniper UAC 2.1 Solution Helps Enterprises Reduce the Cost and Complexity of Securing Access to Networks and Applications
What's New in Juniper Unified Access Control
- Coordinated Threat Control: leverages the robust features and capabilities of Juniper's Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP) platforms to deliver broad Layer 2-7 visibility into application traffic, providing IT the ability to isolate a threat down to the user or device level and then employ a specific, configurable policy action against that user or device.
- Identity-Enabled Profiler: ties user identity and role information to network and application usage, enabling enterprise IT to more effectively track and audit network and application access, which in turn helps address regulatory compliance.
- Unmanageable Device Support: dynamically addresses unmanageable endpoint devices, such as printers or voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) phones, enabling enterprises to leverage existing policy and profile stores or asset discovery solutions for role and resource-based access control.
- Advanced Security Assessment: expands UAC's security assessment capabilities with the integration of Shavlik NetChk® Protect predefined patch management assessment checks, enabling more enhanced, granular endpoint device health and security state assessments.
- Heterogeneous Endpoint Support: extends support for the most popular enterprise computing platforms with a new Layer 2/Layer 3 UAC Agent for the Microsoft® Windows Vista TM platform.
- Simplified Deployment: extends authentication protocol support for supporting phased deployments and provides enhanced automatic remediation capabilities to deliver a seamless end user experience.