External Routes Probe¶
To troubleshoot external network connectivity problems, this predefined IBA probe automatically activates the collection of received or advertised routes across all BGP sessions established with external routers. This predefined IBA probe uses IBA Ingestion Filters introduced in version 3.1.
To start troubleshooting external routes follow these steps:
From the blueprint, navigate to Analytics > Probes, then click Create Probe, and select Instantiate Predefined Probe from the drop-down list.
Select “External routes”
The predefined probe has the following parameters that you can configure at creation time or update subsequently:
- AFI: IPv4 or IPv6
- Type: Either “advertised-routes” or “received-routes”
- Security Zone (VRF): All or specific name
- Prefix: Only routes matching the prefix
- Filter options: exact or longer
- More-specific prefixes mask: Match more-specific prefixes from a parent prefix, up until le_mask prefix length.
- Less-specific prefixes mask: Match less-specific prefixes from a parent prefix, up from ge_mask to the prefix length of the route.
When you click Create, external routes and present routes are collected in a single stage output table (mixing received, used and advertised routes).