Step 1: Begin
In this guide, we provide a simple, three-step path, to quickly get you up and running with your new SRX345. We’ve simplified and shortened the installation and configuration steps, and included how-to videos. You'll learn how to install the SRX345 in a rack, power it up, and deploy it on your network using the CLI.
We think you'll want to check out our Guided Setup: SRX300 Line Firewalls. Our Guided Setup picks up where this Day One+ ends, providing step-by-step instructions on how to easily secure and validate your branch location.
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with the topics and operations covered in this guide? Visit Juniper Networks Virtual Labs and reserve your free sandbox today! You’ll find the Junos Day One Experience sandbox in the stand alone category.
Meet the SRX345
The Juniper Networks® SRX345 Services Gateway securely consolidates security, routing, switching, and WAN connectivity in a compact 1-U chassis. It supports up to 5-Gbps firewall throughput and 800-Mbps IPsec VPN to meet the needs of midsize, distributed-enterprise locations. Along with Juniper Sky™ Enterprise and Contrail Service Orchestration® (CSO), the SRX345 delivers fully automated SD-WAN to both enterprises and service providers. A zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) feature simplifies branch network connectivity for initial deployment and ongoing management.
The SRX345 has eight 1 GbE RJ-45 ports, eight 1 GbE SFP ports, one management port, one console port, and four Mini-Physical Interface Module (Mini-PIM) slots. The RJ-45 and SFP ports are MACsec capable. The SRX345 AC models have either a single AC power supply or dual AC power supplies. The SRX345 DC models have a single power supply. This guide covers SRX345 AC models.
Install the SRX345 in a Rack
What’s in the Box?
SRX345 Services Gateway
A power cord appropriate for your geographic location
An RJ-45 cable
A DB-9 adapter
A USB cable
Two mounting brackets
Eight mounting screws to attach the mounting brackets to the SRX345
What Else Do I Need?
You’ll also need:
Someone to help you do the installation
Rack mount screws appropriate for your rack
A number two Phillips (+) screwdriver
Here’s how to install the SRX345 in a rack:
- Review General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end to a site ESD point.
- Attach the mounting brackets to the sides of the SRX345
using the eight mounting screws and the screwdriver.
Depending on how you’d like the SRX345 to sit in the rack, you can attach the mounting brackets to the front or center mounting holes.
- Lift the SRX345 and position it in the rack. Line up the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rack rail, making sure that the SRX345 is level.
- While you’re holding the SRX345 in place, have a second person insert and tighten the rack mount screws to secure the mounting brackets to the rack. Make sure to tighten the screws in the two bottom holes first and then tighten the screws in the two top holes.
- Check that the mounting brackets on each side of the rack are level.
Now that you’ve installed your SRX345 in the rack, you’re ready to connect it to power.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the other end of the ESD strap to the ESD point on the rack.
- Attach a grounding cable to earth ground, and then attach the other end to the grounding point on the side panel of the SRX345.
- Plug the power cord into the SRX345 rear panel.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it off.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it on.
- If you are using a SRX345 Services Gateway with dual AC
power supplies, then repeat Step 3 through Step 5 for the second power
The SRX345 powers up as soon as you connect it to power. When the
STATLEDs on the front panel are lit solid green, the SRX345 is ready to use.