Step 1: Begin
Meet the SRX320
The Juniper Networks® SRX320 Services Gateway consolidates networking and security capabilities for small distributed enterprise branch offices. It provides cost-effective, scalable integration of routing, security, and switching, all in a 1-U form factor.
The SRX320 features eight 1GbE ports, including six RJ-45 network ports and two small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver ports. The SFP ports are MACsec capable. You can easily deploy the SRX320 on your network with zero-touch provisioning (ZTP).
Install the SRX320
You can install the SRX320 on a table or desk, on a wall, or in a rack. We show you how to install it in a rack.
What’s in the Box?
SRX320 Services Gateway
A power cord appropriate for your geographic location
An RJ-45 cable
A DB-9 adapter
A USB cable
What Else Do I Need?
To mount the SRX320 in a rack, you’ll need to order the rack mount kit appropriate for your installation. The required rack mount kit depends on whether you have a PoE or non-PoE SRX320 model, and whether you already have a power supply adapter tray. Check out the following table to see which rack mount kit you need.
Rack Mount Kit with Power Supply Adapter Tray
Rack Mount Kit Without Power Supply Adapter Tray
SRX320 (non-PoE model)
SRX320 (PoE model)
You’ll also need to provide:
Someone to help you do the installation
Rack mount screws appropriate for your rack
A number 2 Phillips (+) screwdriver
Install the SRX320 in a Rack
Here’s how to install the SRX320 in a rack. In this example, we show you how to install the SRX320 with the power supply adapter tray.
- Review General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end to a site ESD point.
- Attach the mounting bracket and power supply adapter tray
to the sides of the SRX320 using the screws that came with the rack
mount kit and the screwdriver.
- Place the power supply adapter in the tray.
- Lift the SRX320 and position it in the rack. Line up the bottom hole in the mounting brackets with a hole in each rack rail, making sure the SRX320 is level.
- While you’re holding the SRX320 in place, have a second person insert and tighten the rack mount screws to secure the adapter tray and mounting brackets to the mounting rails. Make sure to tighten the screws in the two bottom holes first and then tighten the screws in the two top holes.
- Check that the mounting brackets on each side of the rack are level.
Now that you’ve installed the SRX320 in the rack, you’re ready to connect it to power.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the electrostatic discharge
(ESD) grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other
end to a site ESD point.
If the SRX320 has a supply adapter tray, you can perform step 2 and 3 with the power supply adapter seated in the tray.
- Plug the DC connector end of the power cable into the power connector at the back of the SRX320.
- Plug the AC adapter end of the power cable into the power supply adapter.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it off.
- Plug the power cord into the AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn
The SRX320 powers up as soon as you connect it to power. It doesn’t have a power switch. When the
STATLED on the front panel is lit solid green, the SRX320 is ready to use.