Configuring the Router Identification
To define a hostname, domain name, password, time zone, and system time of the routing platform:
- Make sure that the tasks described in the Before you Begin section of Configuring Basic Settingswere performed.
- Navigate to the Set Up Quick Configuration page by selecting Configuration>Quick Configuration >Set Up (see ).
- Next to Host Name, type carol to define the name of the routing platform.
- Next to Domain Name, type lab.example.net to define the network that the machine belongs to.
- Next to Root Password, type a plain-text password to set the root password for logging in to the routing platform.
- Next to Verify Root Password, retype the password to verify that you typed the root password correctly.
- From the Time Zone list, select America/Los_Angeles to specify the time zone that the routing platform is located in.
- Click Set Time via NTP to synchronize the system time with the NTP server. The routing platform sends a request to the NTP server and synchronizes the system time.