Rebooting or Halting the EX Series Switch (J-Web Procedure)
You can use the J-Web interface to schedule a reboot or to halt the switching platform.
To reboot or halt the switching platform by using the J-Web interface:
- In the J-Web interface, select Maintain>Reboot.
- Select one:
- Reboot Immediately—Reboots the switching platform immediately.
- Reboot in number of minutes—Reboots the switch in the number of minutes from now that you specify.
- Reboot when the system time is hour:minute —Reboots the switch at the absolute time that you specify, on the current day. You must select a 2-digit hour in 24-hour format and a 2-digit minute.
- Halt Immediately— Stops the switching platform software immediately. After the switching platform software has stopped, you can access the switching platform through the console port only.
- (Optional) In the Message box, type a message to be displayed to any users on the switching platform before the reboot occurs.
- Click Schedule. The J-Web interface requests confirmation to perform the reboot or halt.
- Click OK to confirm the operation.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur immediately, the switch reboots. You cannot access the J-Web interface until the switch has restarted and the boot sequence is complete. After the reboot is complete, refresh the browser window to display the J-Web interface login page.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur in the future, the Reboot page displays the time until reboot. You have the option to cancel the request by clicking Cancel Reboot on the J-Web interface Reboot page.
- If the switch is halted, all software processes stop and you can access the switching platform through the console port only. Reboot the switch by pressing any key on the keyboard.