[Report an Error]
Rebooting or Halting the Device with the J-Web
You can use the J-Web interface to schedule a reboot or halt the J-series
or SRX-series device.
Figure 129 shows the Reboot page
for the device.
Figure 129: Reboot Page
To reboot or halt the device with the J-Web interface:
- In the J-Web interface, select Maintain>Reboot.
- Select one of the following options:
- Reboot Immediately—Reboots
the device immediately.
- Reboot in number of minutes—Reboots the device in the number of minutes from
now that you specify.
- Reboot when the system time is hour:minute—Reboots the
device at the absolute time that you specify, on the current day.
You must select a 2-digit hour in 24-hour format, and a 2-digit minute.
- Halt Immediately—Stops the device software
immediately. After the software has stopped, you can access the device through
the console port only.
- Choose the boot device from the Reboot from media list:
- compact-flash—Reboots from
the internal CompactFlash card. This selection is the default choice.
from the optional external compact CompactFlash card. This selection
is available on J2320 and J2350 Services Routers only.
- usb—Reboots from the USB storage
- (Optional) In the Message box, type a message
to be displayed to any users on the device before the reboot
- Click Schedule. The J-Web
interface requests confirmation to perform the reboot or halt.
- Click OK to confirm the operation.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur immediately, the device reboots.
You cannot access the J-Web interface until the device has restarted
and the boot sequence is complete. After the reboot is complete, refresh
the browser window to display the J-Web interface login page.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur in the future, the
Reboot page displays the time until reboot. You have the option to
cancel the request by clicking Cancel Reboot on
the J-Web interface Reboot page.
- If the device is halted, all software processes
stop and you can access the device through the console port
only. Reboot the device by pressing any key on the keyboard.
If you cannot connect to the device through the console
port, shut down the device by pressing and holding the power
button on the front panel until the POWER LED turns off.
After the device has shut down, you can power on the device by
pressing the power button again. The POWER LED lights during
startup and remains steadily green when the device is operating
[Report an Error]