[Next][Report an Error]
Monitoring System Log Messages with the J-Web Event Viewer
To monitor errors and events that occur on the device,
select Monitor>Events and Alarms>View Events in
the J-Web user interface.
The J-Web View Events page displays the following information
about each event:
- Process—System process that generated
the error or event.
- Severity— A severity level indicates
how seriously the triggering event affects routing platform functions.
Only messages from the facility that are rated at that level or higher
are logged. Possible severities and their corresponding color code
- Debug/Info/Notice (Green)—Indicates conditions that
are not errors but are of interest or might warrant special handling.
- Warning (Yellow)—Indicates conditions that warrant
- Error (Blue)—Indicates standard error conditions
that generally have less serious consequences than errors in the emergency,
alert, and critical levels.
- Critical (Pink)—Indicates critical conditions, such
as hard drive errors.
- Alert (Orange)—Indicates conditions that require
immediate correction, such as a corrupted system database.
- Emergency (Red)—Indicates system panic or other
conditions that cause the routing platform to stop functioning.
- Event ID—Unique ID of the error or event.
The prefix on each code identifies the generating software process.
The rest of the code indicates the specific event or error.
- Event Description—Displays a more detailed
explanation of the message.
- Time—Time that the error or event occurred.
To control which errors and events are displayed in the list,
use the following options:
- System Log File—Specify the name of the
system log file that records the errors and events.
- Process—Specify the system processes
that generate the events you want to display. For an overview of some
of the primary system processes, see . To view all the processes running on your system, enter
the show system processes CLI command.
- More/Less—Exposes or hides the options that follow
in the J-Web user interface.
- Date From—Specify the beginning of the date range
that you want to monitor.
- To—Specify the end of the date range that you want
- Event ID—Specify the specific ID of the error or
event that you want to monitor. For a complete list of system error
and event IDs, see the JUNOS Software System Log Messages
- Description—Enter a description for the errors or
- Searches—Fetches the errors and events specified
in the search criteria.
- Reset—Clears the cache of errors and events that
were previously selected.
- Generate Report—Creates an HTML report based on
the specified parameters.
[Next][Report an Error]