[Report an Error]
Rebooting or Halting the Device with the J-Web
To reboot or halt the device
with the J-Web interface:
- In the J-Web interface, select Maintain>Reboot.
- Select one of the following options:
- Reboot Immediately—Reboots
the device immediately.
- Reboot in number of minutes—Reboots the device in the number of minutes from
the current time.
- Reboot when the system time is hour:minute—Reboots the
device at the absolute time that you specify, on the current day.
You must select a 2-digit hour in 24-hour format, and a 2-digit minute.
- Halt Immediately—Stops the
device software immediately. After the software has stopped, you can
access the device through the console port only.
- Choose the boot device from the Reboot From
- internal—Reboots from the internal
- usb—Reboots from the USB storage
- (Optional) In the Message box, type a message
to be displayed to any users on the device before the reboot
- Click Schedule. The J-Web
interface requests confirmation to perform the reboot or to halt.
- Click OK to confirm the operation.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur immediately, the device
reboots. You cannot access J-Web until the device has restarted and
the boot sequence is complete. After the reboot is complete, refresh
the browser window to display the J-Web login page.
- If the reboot is scheduled to occur in the future, the
Reboot page displays the time until reboot. You have the option to
cancel the request by clicking Cancel Reboot on
the J-Web interface Reboot page.
- If the device is halted, all software processes stop and
you can access the device through the console port only. Reboot the
device by pressing any key on the keyboard.
If you cannot connect to the device through the console
port, shut down the device by pressing and holding the power button
on the front panel until the POWER LED turns off. After the
device has shut down, you can power on the device by pressing the
power button again. The POWER LED lights during startup and
remains steadily green when the device is operating normally.
[Report an Error]