Requesting Technical Support
Technical product support is available through the Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC). If you are a customer with an active J-Care or JNASC support contract, or are covered under warranty, and need post-sales technical support, you can access our tools and resources online or open a case with JTAC.
- JTAC Policies—For a complete understanding of our JTAC procedures and policies, review the JTAC User Guide located at https://www.juniper.net/customers/support/downloads/710059.pdf
- Product Warranties—For product warranty information, visit https://www.juniper.net/support/warranty/
- JTAC Hours of Operation—The JTAC centers have resources available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Self-Help Online Tools and Resources
For quick and easy problem resolution, Juniper Networks has designed an online self-service portal called the Customer Support Center (CSC) that provides you with the following features:
- Find CSC offerings:
- Search for known bugs:
- Find product documentation:
- Find solutions and answer questions using our Knowledge Base: http://kb.juniper.net/
- Download the latest versions of software and review release notes: https://www.juniper.net/customers/csc/software/
- Search technical bulletins for relevant hardware and software notifications: https://www.juniper.net/alerts/
- Join and participate in the Juniper Networks Community Forum: https://www.juniper.net/company/communities/
- Open a case online in the CSC Case Manager:
To verify service entitlement by product serial number, use our Serial Number Entitlement (SNE) Tool located at
Opening a Case with JTAC
You can open a case with JTAC on the Web or by telephone.
- Use the Case Manager tool in the CSC at
- Call 1-888-314-JTAC
(1-888-314-5822 - toll free in the USA, Canada, and Mexico)
For international or direct-dial options in countries without toll-free numbers, visit
When you call technical support, please have the following at hand:
- Your IMS AAA Server edition and release number (for example, IMS AAA Server Release x.x.x).
- Information about the server configuration and operating system, including any OS patches that have been applied.
- For licensed products under a current maintenance agreement, your license or support contract number.
- Question or description of the problem, with as much detail as possible.
Any documentation that may help in resolving the problem, such as error messages, memory dumps, compiler listings, and error logs.