Report an Error]
General Safety Guidelines and Warnings
The following guidelines help ensure your safety and protect
the services gateway from damage. The list of guidelines might not address
all potentially hazardous situations in your working environment,
so be alert and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Perform only the procedures explicitly described in this
manual. Make sure that only authorized service personnel perform other
- Keep the area around the chassis clear and free from dust
before, during, and after installation.
- Keep tools away from areas where people could trip over
them while walking.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry, such as rings,
bracelets, or chains, which could become caught in the chassis.
- Wear safety glasses if you are working under any conditions
that could be hazardous to your eyes.
- Do not perform any actions that create a potential hazard
to people or make the equipment unsafe.
- Never attempt to lift an object that is too heavy for
one person to handle.
- Never install or manipulate wiring during electrical storms.
- Never install electrical jacks in wet locations unless
the jacks are specifically designed for wet environments.
- Operate the services gateway only when it is properly grounded.
- Do not open or remove chassis covers or sheet metal parts
unless instructions are provided in this manual. Such an action could
cause severe electrical shock.
- Do not push or force any objects through any opening in
the chassis frame. Such an action could result in electrical shock
- Avoid spilling liquid onto the services gateway chassis or
onto any services gateway component. Such an action could cause electrical
shock or damage the services gateway.
- Avoid touching uninsulated electrical wires or terminals
that have not been disconnected from their power source. Such an action
could cause electrical shock.
In addition, observe the following warnings and guidelines:
Report an Error]