Report an Error]
Replacing the Switch Fabric Board
The SFB is accessible from the front
panel, in the topmost slot. It weighs approximately 5.1 lbs (2.3 kg).
Before you replace the SFB, you must power
off the services gateway.
To replace an SFB:
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare
wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis. For more information about ESD, see Preventing
Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
- If you have not already done so, power off the device by
pressing the Power button on the front panel of the Switch Fabric
Board (SFB) for three to five seconds.
The PWR LED blinks to show you that the device is shutting
down. Wait for the device to shut down before proceeding.
- Place an electrostatic bag or
antistatic mat on a flat, stable surface.
- Disconnect any cables attached to the AUX, USB, or Ethernet ports.
- Loosen the screws on either end of the SFB front
- Pull open the ejector handles and slide the SFB about
halfway out of the chassis.
- Place one hand underneath the SFB to
support it and slide it completely out of the chassis.
- Place the SFB on the
Figure 2: Removing the SFB
- If you are not replacing
the SFB now, install a blank panel over
the empty slot.
- Carefully align the sides of the replacement SFB with
the guides inside the chassis.
- Slide the SFB into the
chassis until you feel resistance.
- Grasp both ejector handles and press toward the
center of the card to fully seat the SFB.
- Tighten the screws on either side of the card.
- Reconnect any cables previously attached to the AUX, USB, or Ethernet ports.
Figure 3: Inserting the SFB
- Power on the services gateway by pressing the
Power button on the front panel of the SFB for three to five seconds.
Wait for the device to start.
- Verify that the SFB is
functioning normally by checking the LEDs on its faceplate. The SFB STATUS LED should light steadily green a few minutes after
the device is powered on. If the SFB STATUS LED is red, remove
and install the SFB again. If the SFB
STATUS LED still lights steadily red, the SFB is
not functioning properly. Contact your customer support representative.
To check the status of the SFB:
user@host> show chassis environment
CB 0 status:
State Online Master
Temperature 30 degrees C / 86 degrees F
1.2 V 1202 mV
1.5 V 1511 mV
1.8 V 1798 mV
2.5 V 2481 mV
3.3 V 3306 mV
5.0 V 4956 mV
12.0 V 12084 mV
1.25 V 1250 mV
3.3 V SM3 3287 mV
5.0 V RE 5046 mV
12.0 V RE 11910 mV
11.3 V bias PEM 11292 mV
11.3 V bias FPD 11156 mV
11.3 V bias POE 0 11253 mV
11.3 V bias POE 1 11272 mV
Bus Revision 42
FPGA Revision 1
Report an Error]