Report an Error]
Install the JCS 1200 Platform Using a Lift
To install the platform using a lift
(see Figure 4 and Figure 5):
- If you are installing the platform in an open-frame rack, ensure that the
rack is in its permanent location and is secured to the building. Ensure that
the installation site allows adequate clearance for both airflow and maintenance.
For details, see 1: Prepare the Site.
- Load the JCS 1200 platform onto the lift,
making sure it rests securely on the lift platform.
- Using the lift, position the JCS 1200 platform in
front of the rack or cabinet, centering it in front of the mounting
- Lift the chassis approximately 0.75 in. (1.91
cm) above the surface of the mounting shelves and position it as close
as possible to the shelves.
- Carefully slide the JCS 1200 platform onto
the mounting shelves so that the bottom of the chassis and the mounting
shelves overlap by approximately 2 in.
- With two people pulling on the rear of the chassis
and two people pushing on the mounting flanges, slide the JCS 1200 platform onto
the mounting shelves until the front or center-mounting flanges contact
the rack rails. The shelves ensure that the holes in the mounting
flanges align with the holes in the rack rails.
- Install a mounting screw into each of the open mounting
holes in the rack-mounting flanges to fasten the chassis to the rack,
starting from the bottom.
- Move the lift away from the rack.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the JCS 1200 platform.
If the JCS 1200 platform is installed properly in the rack,
all the mounting screws on one side of the rack should be aligned
with the mounting screws on the opposite side, and the platform should
Figure 4: Install the JCS 1200 Platform in
a Four-Post Rack
Figure 5: Install the JCS 1200 Platform in
an Open-Frame Rack
Report an Error]