Copying Release Files from One ERX System to Another
When you have copied the release files from a network host to one ERX system, you can transfer files from that ERX system to other ERX systems on the network. This feature is useful when:
- The other ERX systems are unreachable from the network host but have network connectivity to the ERX system on which you installed the new software.
- The connection between ERX systems is faster than the connection between an ERX system and the network host to which it is connected.
The procedures for transferring release files from a source ERX system to a destination ERX system are almost identical to transferring release files from a network host to an ERX system on the same side of the firewall.
Note: You must enable the FTP server on the source ERX system.
To transfer release files from a source ERX system to a destination ERX system, follow the instructions in Installing Software When a Firewall Does Not Exist, with the following changes:
- Substitute the source ERX system for the network host.
- Omit the step about mounting the CD.
- Copy the file to the system space of the second ERX system from the user space of the first ERX system.host1#copy boston:/outgoing/releases/x-y-z.rel x-y-z.rel