The ERX Installation Quick Start poster is shipped in the box with all new systems. This poster provides the basic procedures to help you get the system up and running quickly.
The document set contains the following books and online resources:
- ERX Installation and User Guide - Provides the necessary procedures for getting your system operational, including information on installing, cabling, powering up, configuring your system for management access, and general troubleshooting.
- ERX System Basics Configuration Guide - Describes planning and configuring your network, managing the system, passwords, and security, and configuring the system clock and virtual routers.
- ERX Physical and Link Layers Configuration Guide - Describes configuring physical and link layer interfaces.
- ERX Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 1 - Provides information about configuring routing policy and configuring IP, IP routing, and IP security.
- ERX Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 2 - Describes BGP Routing, MPLS, and related VPNs.
- ERX Policy and QoS Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring policy management and quality of service (QoS).
- ERX Broadband Access Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring remote access.
- ERX Command Reference Guide - Contains important information about all system commands implemented in the system software. Use to look up command descriptions, command syntax, a command's related mode, or a description of a command's parameters. It is intended to be used with the ERX Configuration Guides.
- ERX Product Overview Guide - Gives a thorough overview of the system from a software and hardware perspective. It provides illustrations and configuration examples that present the "big picture."
- ERX Release Notes - Contains information about features, changes, known problems, and limitations. Provides final information that did not make it into the documentation.
- ERX Online Documentation CD - Provides an online version of this guide and the documents listed above. The online documents contain numerous links between guides, giving easy access to a vast amount of technical information.
A complete list of abbreviations used in this document set, along with their spelled-out terms, is provided in the ERX System Basics Configuration Guide, Appendix A, Abbreviations and Acronyms.