Note: This procedure assumes that the system is already connected to a power source. See Chapter 6, Cabling the E-Series Router for Power.
For specifications on the electrical requirements for the system, see Chapter 11, System Specifications. For details on the power consumed by the different E-series modules, see Chapter 12, Module Specifications.
Branch Circuit Caution: Evaluate the overall loading of the branch circuit before you install any equipment into a rack.
To power up the system:
- Verify that the power source is operational and turned on.
- Inspect all grounding and power connections to the E-series chassis.
- Confirm that all connections are secure.
- Switch the power switches to ON.
- Monitor the LEDs on the front of the SRP modules to verify that the system is booting properly. See Table 10-2 in Chapter 10, Troubleshooting. for LED status explanations.
When the prompt appears on the system console, the system is in User Exec mode and is ready to be configured:host1>
- Enter the enable command to access Privileged Exec mode:host1>enablehost1#
In Privileged Exec mode you can begin to configure the system. See the E-Series System Basics Configuration Guide, Chapter 2, Command Line Interface for more information.
Each E-series line module is initialized independently. As a result, the CLI on the SRP module may become available before the line modules have completed initialization. Commands relating to a line module may fail if the module has not completed initialization. The show version command can be used to display line module status. Do not enter commands for a line module until its state is "online".