A valid router serial number is required to initiate a request for service. This number enables the customer support engineer to quickly and efficiently determine the support level you are entitled to. Customers with Juniper Networks service agreements receive technical assistance 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, from the JTAC.
You have the option of submitting a problem via the Web using Case Manager, by e-mail, or by telephone, using the following contact information:
- Case Manager: https://www.juniper.net/casemanager/cgi/mgr/welcome.htm
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-888-314-JTAC (U.S., Canada, and Mexico customers)
- Phone: 408-745-9500 (all other customers)
Note: When requesting service via phone, e-mail, or the Web, please be sure to have your router serial number available. Your Juniper Networks support engineer will need this number to verify your support level.
Information You Need to Supply
When requesting technical support from the JTAC by phone, be prepared to provide the following information when prompted.
For existing cases:
You will be routed to your case owner; if your engineer is not available, your call will be routed to the general queue and will be answered by the next available engineer.
For new cases:
You will be routed to a general queue, and your call will be answered by the next available engineer.
The JTAC engineer will also need the following information:
- Priority level
- Indication of what activity was being performed on the router when the problem occurred
- Problem detail and configuration data, obtained by these commands:
show chassis firmware
show chassis hardware
show chassis environment
When a new request for technical support is submitted, the JTAC engineer:
- Opens a case and assigns a number
- Begins troubleshooting, diagnostics, and problem replication (if appropriate)
- Provides you with periodic updates on problem status and escalates the problem as appropriate according to escalation management guidelines
- Closes the case when you agree that the problem has been resolved