The E-Series Installation Quick Start poster is shipped in the box with all new routers. This poster provides the basic procedures to help you get the router up and running quickly.
With each software release, we provide the E-Series Routers Documentation CD (formerly ERX Edge Routers Documentation CD). The documentation CD contains the document set in PDF format and HTML format (with and without frames). From the HTML files, you can also access PDF files of individual chapters and appendixes.
The documentation is also available on the Web. You can order a set of printed documents from your Juniper Networks sales representative.
The document set comprises the following books:
- E-Series Installation and User Guide - Provides the necessary procedures for getting the router operational, including information on installing, cabling, powering up, configuring the router for management access, and general troubleshooting. Describes SRP modules, line modules, and I/O modules available for the E-series routers, and provides information about the compatibility of line modules and I/O modules with software releases. Lists the layer 2 protocols, layer 3 protocols, and applications that line modules and their corresponding I/O modules support.
- E-Series System Basics Configuration Guide - Describes planning and configuring your network, managing the router, configuring passwords and security, configuring the router clock, and configuring virtual routers. Includes a list of references that provide information on the protocols and features supported by the router.
- E-Series Physical Layer Configuration Guide - Describes configuring physical layer interfaces.
- E-Series Link Layer Configuration Guide - Describes configuring link layer interfaces.
- E-Series Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 1 - Provides information about configuring routing policy and configuring IP, IP routing, and IP security.
- E-Series Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 2 - Describes BGP routing, MPLS, BGP-MPLS VPNs, and encapsulation of layer 2 services.
- E-Series Policy and QoS Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring policy management and quality of service (QoS).
- E-Series Broadband Access Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring remote access.
- E-Series Command Reference Guide A to M; E-Series Command Reference Guide N to Z - Together comprise the E-Series Command Reference Guide. Contain important information about commands implemented in the system software. Use to look up command descriptions, command syntax, a command's related mode, or a description of a command's parameters. Use with the E-series configuration guides.
- E-Series Product Overview Guide - Gives a thorough overview of the router from a software and hardware perspective. It provides illustrations and configuration examples that present the "big picture."
Copies of the MIBs available in a software release are included on the JUNOSe Software CD (formerly ERX Edge Routers Software CD) and on the Web.
Release notes are included on the corresponding software CD and are available on the Web.
In the Release Notes, you will find the latest information about features, changes, known problems, resolved problems, and system maximum values. If the information in the Release Notes differs from the information found in the documentation set, follow the Release Notes.
A complete list of abbreviations used in this document set, along with their spelled-out terms, is provided in the E-Series System Basics Configuration Guide, Appendix A, Abbreviations and Acronyms.
To view the documentation on the Web, go to: