Copying Release Files from One E-Series Router to Another
When you have copied the release files from a network host to one E-series router, you can transfer files from that E-series router to other E-series routers on the network. This feature is useful when:
- The other E-series routers are unreachable from the network host but have network connectivity to the E-series router on which you installed the new software.
- The connection between E-series routers is faster than the connection between an E-series router and the network host to which it is connected.
The procedures for transferring release files from a source E-series router to a destination E-series router are almost identical to transferring release files from a network host to an E-series router on the same side of the firewall.
Note: You must enable the FTP server on the source E-series router.
To transfer release files from a source E-series router to a destination E-series router, follow the instructions in Installing Software When a Firewall Does Not Exist, with the following changes:
- Substitute the source E-series router for the network host.
- Omit the step about mounting the CD.
- Copy the file to the system space of the second E-series router from the user space of the first E-series router.host1#copy boston:/outgoing/releases/x-y-z.rel x-y-z.rel