This section provides instructions for installing the system on a table top or in any other freestanding mode. See Appendix A, Preparing Your Site, for information about site requirements.
Warning: Two people are required to lift an ERX system. The system is extremely heavy.
To install the system as a freestanding device:
- One person should stand on the left side of the system, and the other should stand on the right side.
- Grasp the lower back of the unit with one hand and the front flange (see Figure 2-4) with the other.
- Bend your knees and carefully lift the unit into position.
- Carry the system to the location where it will operate.
Caution: Leave enough space around the system for adequate ventilation. See Appendix 9, System Specifications, for details.
- Position the router with easy access to the connections that it needs for power, local communications, and remote communications.
Note: Connectors are located on the I/O modules and the power input module. See Figure 2-5. You install these modules from the rear of the router. See Chapter 4, Cabling the ERX System, for cabling installation procedures.