Unpacking the ERX-1400 Series
The ERX-1400 series come boxed, bolted, and strapped to a skid. See Figure 2-1.
For your convenience, we recommend that you unpack the ERX system in the location where you want to install it.
To unpack the ERX-1400 series:
- Cut the two straps that secure the carton to the skid. See Figure 2-1.
- Open the carton from the top.
- Remove the box of accessories that sits on top of the router.
- Unlock the four plastic clips that hold the box to the skid by squeezing them in their center and pulling out. See Figure 2-1.
- Lift the carton off the router. See Figure 2-2.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the three screws (10-32 x 3/8 in) that attach each of the two L-brackets to the router.
- To move the router more easily from the skid, unscrew one of the L-brackets from the skid by removing the three screws that attach it to the skid. See Figure 2-3.
- Depending on where you want to position the system, proceed to Freestanding Installation or Rack-Mounted Installation, later in this chapter.