Cabling Your ERX System
Cabling the system takes only a few minutes. You need these items:
- A 1/8" flathead screwdriver - to connect the alarm leads
- A 3/8" wrench or 3/8" nut-driver - to loosen and tighten hex nuts on Power A and Power B leads
- A No. 2 Phillips screwdriver - to remove the power input module cover
- Two ground wires - we recommend a minimum of 10-AWG ground wire with a ring-style terminal.
- A #10 kep nut to connect the ground (earth) wire to the ground terminal.
We recommend that you use shielded cables where appropriate and perform the cabling tasks in this order:
- Familiarize yourself with the module ports. See Figure 4-1.
- Ensure that you have the cables and wires needed to complete each cabling procedure.
- Read and understand all safety warnings.
- Connect the power cables from the power source to the power input module.
- Connect cables to the SRP I/O module.
- Connect cables to the line I/O modules.