The ERX Installation Quick Start poster is shipped in the box with all new systems. This poster provides the basic procedures to help you get the system up and running quickly.
With each software release, we provide the ERX Edge Routers Documentation CD. The documentation CD contains the document set in PDF format and HTML format (with and without frames). From the HTML files, you can also access PDF files of individual chapters and appendixes.
The documentation is also available on the Web. You can order a set of printed documents from your Juniper Networks sales representative.
The document set comprises the following books:
- ERX Installation and User Guide - Provides the necessary procedures for getting your system operational, including information on installing, cabling, powering up, configuring your system for management access, and general troubleshooting. Describes SRP modules, line modules, and I/O modules available for the ERX systems, and provides information about the compatibility of line modules and I/O modules with software releases. Lists the layer 2 protocols, layer 3 protocols, and applications that line modules and their corresponding I/O modules support.
- ERX System Basics Configuration Guide - Describes planning and configuring your network, managing the system, configuring passwords and security, and configuring the system clock and virtual routers.
- ERX Physical Layer Configuration Guide - Describes configuring physical layer interfaces.
- ERX Link Layer Configuration Guide - Describes configuring link layer interfaces.
- ERX Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 1 - Provides information about configuring routing policy and configuring IP, IP routing, and IP security.
- ERX Routing Protocols Configuration Guide, Vol. 2 - Describes BGP routing, MPLS, BGP-MPLS VPNs, and encapsulation of layer 2 services.
- ERX Policy and QoS Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring policy management and quality of service (QoS).
- ERX Broadband Access Configuration Guide - Provides information about configuring remote access.
- ERX Command Reference Guide A to M; ERX Command Reference Guide N to Z - Together comprise the ERX Command Reference Guide. Contain important information about all system commands implemented in the system software. Use to look up command descriptions, command syntax, a command's related mode, or a description of a command's parameters. Use with the ERX configuration guides.
- ERX Product Overview Guide - Gives a thorough overview of the system from a software and hardware perspective. It provides illustrations and configuration examples that present the "big picture."
Copies of the MIBs available in a software release are included on the ERX Edge Routers Software CD.
The ERX Release Notes are included on the ERX Edge Routers Software CD and are available on the Web. In the Release Notes, you will find information about features, changes, known problems, resolved problems, and system maximum values.
A complete list of abbreviations used in this document set, along with their spelled-out terms, is provided in the ERX System Basics Configuration Guide, Appendix A, Abbreviations and Acronyms.
To view the documentation on the Web, go to: