Report an Error]
We recommend that you use a standard EIA distribution rack.
See Equipment Rack Requirements for rack information. You
can install the system using the front or mid-mount brackets.
Before installing the systems in a rack, consider the following
- You can install several models in a single 7-ft. (2.1-m)
rack. Installing multiple systems in a single rack enables you to
maximize your available space.
- Install heavier systems on the bottom of the rack. Mount
lighter systems higher in the rack.
Preparing the Equipment Racks
Following your installation plan, use a tape measure and marking
pen to measure and mark space on each equipment rack for each system
component. For horizontal spacing follow Network Equipment Building
System (NEBS) requirements.
Installing the System
To complete the installation of the system in a rack, you need:
- A Phillips screwdriver
- Eight 10-32 x 3/8 Phillips screws (provided) for each
model to be installed
To install the system in the rack:
- If you are installing the system with the mid-mount
brackets, use the provided screws to attach the brackets to the chassis.
Use one bracket on each side. (See Figure 1.)
- With one person standing on the left side of the
chassis and another standing on the right side, lift the unit into
- Position the system in its designated location
in the equipment rack. Make sure the holes of the mounting brackets
align evenly with the holes of the equipment rack on both sides.
- Starting at the bottom of the system, have the
third person secure the system in the equipment rack by using the
10-32 x 3/8 Phillips screws.
- Connect the necessary cables.
Report an Error]