Configuring SRC VTA Database Optimization (SRC CLI)
To optimize SRC VTA database operations, you can set the sessions-terminated-frequently option.
Setting the sessions-terminated-frequently option is an irreversible act. You can set this option to true, but you cannot change it back to false.
To use the sessions-terminated-frequently optimization feature with a set of SRC VTAs, you must follow this specific process:
- All C Series Controllers running SRC VTAs must be running SRC software release 4.3 or later; otherwise, you must upgrade the system.
- Send all SAE events to only one SRC VTA.
- Wait until the removed SRC VTAs (from Step 2) have finished processing events in their event queues.
- Set the sessions-terminated-frequently option to true.
- Wait until all SRC VTAs have reacted to the option being set. The SRC VTA information log displays the following message “DBEngine will assume VTA sessions are terminated frequently.”
- Resume distributing SAE events to all SRC VTAs.
Use the following statement to configure SRC VTA database optimization:
To configure SRC VTA database optimization:
- From configuration mode, access the statement used to
configure the db-engine processor. For example, to set up SRC VTA
database optimization for the SRC VTA group called vta1:user@host# edit shared vta group vta1 processor db-engine
- Set the sessions-terminated-frequently option.[edit shared vta group vta1 processor db-engine]user@host# set sessions-terminated-frequently