Changing the Name or IP Address of a Server
You may need to change the DNS name or IP address assigned to a primary or replica server if your network changes.
To change the DNS name or IP address of a primary or replica server using the Web GUI:
- Stop the RADIUS service on the RADIUS server you want to change.
- Log in to the RADIUS server as root.
- Navigate to: /opt/JNPRsbr/radius or the directory where SBR is installed.
- Run the sbrsetuptool utility
with the identity option.
To rename a primary server, enter the following command:
# sbrsetuptool -identity PRIMARY
To rename a replica server, enter the following command:
# sbrsetuptool -identity REPLICA
- Restart the updated server so that it can load its new configuration.
- In the Server List page (Figure 120), modify the DNS name or IP
address of the server you want to rename and verify that the shared
secret on the renamed server is correct.
You may need to use the Server List page to delete the old server name from the list of servers in the realm.
- Publish the modified configuration to propagate the name change to the replica servers. For more information about how to publish the server configuration information, see Publishing Server Configuration Information.