SBR 8.6.0R14 Release—Features and Limitations
- SBR Carrier has been qualified with RHEL 8.1.
- SBR Carrier support MySQL and NDB version 8.0.22 for RHEL 8.1.
The following is the naming convention introduced for differentiating the RHEL 8.1 of SBR:8.6.0R14 Full build:
Cluster Variant Full build: sbr-cl-8.6.0.R-14.el8.x86_64.rpm
Standalone Variant Full Build: sbr-sa-8.6.0.R-14.el8.x86_64.rpm
el8is present in the name of RHEL 8.1 build of SBR to differentiate between RHEL7.x build which will have
el7tag within the name.
Prerequisite for SBR 8.6.0R14 Installation on RHEL 8.1
In Addition to the required packages for RHEL 7.x the following packages MUST be installed on the RHEL 8.1 machine, where SBR 8.6.0R14 installation is planned.
The OpenLDAP-2.4.46-15 is NOT supported on RHEL 8.1 due to bug “case ID: 02838485“ in RHEL 8.1. Please ensure OpenLDAP-2.4.46-11 is only present on the RHEL 8.1 machine, where SBR8.60R14 installation is planned.
In case if the legacy cipher suits is required as mentioned in the section (Starting from SBR 8.6.0R7 and 8.6.0R8 release, the following features are supported), run the command update-crypto-policies --set LEGACY to set the RHEL 8.1 to use legacy cipher suites.
RHEL 8.1 by default doesn’t support the legacy cipher. Kindly, refer the RHEL 8.1 documentation for more detailed information.
- The Signalware communication stack is not supported on RHEL 8.1 and the SIM authentication module cannot be used on the RHEL 8.1 platform to communicate with an HLR to process RADIUS requests. However, the module can be used with an HSS by using the RADIUS to Diameter conversion feature.
- SBR Carrier has been qualified with Solaris 18.104.22.168.1.75.3 version.
- SBR Carrier support MySQL and NDB version 8.0.22 for Solaris 22.214.171.124.1.75.3 version.
The following is the naming convention introduced for differentiating the Solaris 11.4 Full build for SBR:8.6.0R14
Cluster Variant Full build: sbr-cl-8.6.0.R-14.SPARCV9.tgz
Standalone Variant Full Build: sbr-sa-8.6.0.R-14.SPARCV9.tgz
The tag "SPARCV9" (*UPPER CASE*) is present in the name of Solaris 11.4 Full build of SBR to differentiate between the < 11.4 Solaris builds which will have "sparcv9" (*lower case*) in their name.
In Addition to the required packages lesser than Solaris 11.4 version, the following packages MUST be installed on the Solaris 11.4 machine, where SBR 8.6.0R14 installation is planned.
- developerstudio-126 runtime libraries
- The developerstudio-126 runtime libraries related six libraries MUST be installed successfully on the Solaris 11.4 machine where SBR8.6.0R14 installation is planned.
The following is the example command for installing the six libraries related to developerstudio-126 runtime libraries.
pkg install --accept developerstudio-126/library/c++-libs \