Starting from SBR 8.6.0R13 release, the following are Features and Limitation
- UserConcurrency—A new parameter has been introduced
to configure an active session limit for users authenticated by the
proxy authentication method.
To configure a session limit, uncomment UserConcurrency in the proxy configuration (.pro) file, and provide a value for the number of active sessions allowed for users authenticated by this method.[Auth]UserConcurrency = 2
Default value is 0, which means there is no session limit.
The following SNMP traps have been added for static proxy accounting timeouts and failures, supporting smart static accounting and static accounting configured in realm files.
- The default value of "JSEngineRuntimeMemory" is changed
from 32 to 8.
- The default value of "WorkerThreadStackSize" in
<radius_installed_path>/JNPRsbr/radius/radius.iniis changed from 512KB to 1MB, to prevent stack corruption.
Consider the following points, if your planning for to Install or upgrade Signalware version to 9s6C on RHEL 7.6 or later version.
- Before installing Signalware on RHEL 7.6 or later version, you must disable the Hardened User-copy feature, which is enabled by default on RHEL 7.6 or later versions.
- Signalware is incompatible with Hardened User-copy feature, and the feature MUST be disabled to ensure the Omnimon debugger is 100% safe to run in production network.
- Please refer https://support.mavenir.com/sites/croc/TechPub/SWAR/Documentation/LINUX%20Installation%20Manual%20Version%2020.0.pdf for detailed information of system perquisites and installing procedure for Signalware installation or upgrade.
The generic plug-in Ids are updated and the following two new parameters are introduced.
PR:1468996 fix is available starting from SBR 8.6.0R13 full builds.
SBR 8.6.0R13 addresses the following limitation in previous builds.
If we consider the generic custom plug-ins like LDAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, SQL-JDBC, and ORACLE, the same Prefix ID ("200") is used.
New Plug-In ID
The updated behavior will function only when the parameter LegacyPluginConcurrency is set to
LegacyPluginConcurrency—If this parameter is set to "False" the latest plug-in’s ID will be used, else the SBR behavior will be similar to prior releases. Default Value of "LegacyPluginConcurrency" is "False".
SerialNum—The parameter is added to "[Bootstrap]" section of *.aut file of the generic plug-ins. Range: 1 through 99. By Default the parameter "SerialNumber" is commented.
In case of multiple plug-ins of the same type, the Ids
can be differentiated by adding "SerialNumber" is configured in each
corresponding "aut" file.
The Final Value of "Id" in the ./ShowUserConc -a calculation is done as below.
Id = New Plug-In ID value + SerialNum configured in the
*.aut file of the plug-in.
If the above mentioned scenario of limitation is considered,
with the latest patch full build, we may notice the below out put
hadm@<host_name>:~> ./ShowUserConc.sh -a
Table 4: UserConcurrency
Different values of <serialnum> should be used to differentiate different instances of the same generic plug-in. For example, ldapauth1.aut and ldapauth2.aut. However, if different instances are used in the same backend, <serialnum> should be the same to properly support concurrency limitations.