Beginning the Installation
To install Signalware 9 with Service Pack 6.0:
- Download “Signalware 9SP6.0”, “Signalware
9SP6.V”, and “Signalware 9SP6.3” Signalware packages
to a temporary working directory or copy from a Signalware CD.
You need to first install the Signalware 9SP6.0 package and then upgrade to the Signalware 9SP6.V or Signalware 9SP6.3 package.
- Log in as root. We recommend that you not use a console port.
- Stop the RADIUS process.
- Copy the Signalware 9 license file to the /etc directory.
If you are migrating from an existing installation, you can copy that license file to this one.
To obtain a new license file for Signalware 9, contact your Juniper Networks representative.
- Create a UNIX group called users and verify that the group exists.
To add a group, execute the UNIX groupadd command.
$ groupadd users
To view a list of existing groups, execute the UNIX cat command:
$ cat /etc/group
- Create a UNIX user account called siguser as a member of the users group.
- Copy the Signalware package from its location in your download directory or Signalware CD to a temporary working directory. For example, /export/local/siguser is used in the example in Step 9.
- Start the Signalware installation.
The script prompts you for a user identifier.
- Enter the unique user that you created in
The script prompts you for a scheduling priority.
- Press Enter to accept the default value of 10.
The system checks for previous installations, a valid package file, and updates. Then it prompts for an ECN Update.
- Enter N.
The Main Menu is displayed.